Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When I think back to when I first saw my husband I still get butterflies. I was homeschooling, and he came to our church with his school choir, and I was smitten immediately. I was 15 then, and he was 16. I thought he was GORGEOUS! It was the following year that I decided that I wanted to go back to school, and of course I chose his school!!

I couldn't have known how that decision would change my life forever. Not only was he good looking, he was a genuinely nice guy. We became friends who flirted a lot, and eventually he graduated and joined the Army, and the following year I graduated and went to college. We remained friends, but I always knew I loved him, and he loved me. We just couldn't seem to get it together to be anything but friends.

FINALLY, he came home for good, and we decided to be a couple, and a year later after I graduated from college and he graduated from the academy, we were married. I've NEVER regretted that decision. I love him more every day.

SO, 18 years after we first met...We have two biological daughters, we are preparing to adopt our third child, AND we have two rotten dog children who we love to death.

We went through a year and a half adoption experience with our county but were unsuccessful. I just couldn't get over the fact that I might love a child and take care of a child for 18 months and then have them ripped from my arms to go back with their biological parents. I saw this happen to my sister-in-law, and it broke my heart.

After taking a long break we went through a preliminary meeting with Bethany Christian Services, and we have prayed about it, and feel this is the direction we are going. First we are going to pay off our two credit cards to make us financially ready, and we are going to apply in March of 2011.

In the mean time we are keeping our birth parents in prayer, and praying that this journey will be less painful than the last, and a wonderful adventure.

I'll keep you all posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment