Thursday, July 22, 2010

The sex talk...YIKES

My daughter and I were watching A Baby Story, and she turned to me and asked, "Did she just poop that kid out?". I told her no that the baby came out of the lady's toto (What we Puerto Ricans call the vagina). She was so appalled and then that led to a whole lot more questions, that I answered through my blushing.

I explained to her about sex (NOT GRAPHIC), in a very general way, and she said, "Oh, so you and Daddy only had sex twice...once for me and once for Brooke". I told her no, that is one of the ways that husbands and wives show each other they love each other. She seemed good with that answer...for now.

I kept emphasizing that it is ONLY for husbands, and wives...so hopefully as we go over again in the future, she will know that God's plan is that sex is only between a husband and a wife, and that she will honor God, and herself by waiting until marriage.

It was a very long discussion, and I SURVIVED. I was so freaked out at first, but then I was glad because my daughter felt she could ask me all of those questions without being embarrassed. I hope this means that she will continue in the future to feel like she can talk to us about sex, or anything else that may come up, and she will know that Mommy and Daddy will answer her questions honestly.

I don't even want to know what she is going to ask next!! : ) Parenting is not for the faint of heart!!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow!! I am not looking forward to those questions! Just hope I can do as well as you did! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete