Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Am I ready??

Today was the first time in a long time that I have felt so truly in the beginning phases of our adoption journey. When I think about all of the paperwork, waiting, and grant paperwork we have to fill out, I feel almost to tired to begin. I honestly do NOT know where the money is coming from and I will not put my family in a bad place for this journey.

Some days it seems like the day our baby is placed in our arms in never going to happen. Its been two years since we originally applied with the county to adopt, and about 6 months since we closed our license with them. I never felt settled with them, and it always felt...OFF. I really feel at peace in our new choice. I just know its going to take a while, and patience is just one of the fruits of the spirit I am still working on.

My kids are still excited, and they amaze me with their optimism after all this time. They are growing more and more every day, and just make it so fun to get up every day. Brianna is now into the show Billy the Exterminator. She cracks me up with all her play by plays. Brooke is still into Olivia, and her little Olivia doll comes with us EVERYWHERE we go.

I am so blessed to have my girls, and to have such a wonderful patient husband. Even if the journey is long, I know that I have them beside me every step of the way. PRAISE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment