Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roller coaster...again...I don't think so.

I've been feeling really settled and at peace with our decision to apply with Bethany CS in the spring, but its been a weird week here. One of the agencies we considered prior to Bethany e-mailed us wanting to re-connect with us. I explained to them, that Brian and I really felt as if we were being led to Bethany CS, and while we appreciated the time Susie B. spent with us, we were going to go with Bethany in the Spring.

I got two more calls from this other agency wanting to speak with me to review our options. I wrote back telling them we had prayed about it, and we were set on moving forward with Bethany. The next day I received an e-mail from the agency asking me to review my options and to read the attached article about a Bethany lawsuit.

I have to say this really turned me off. I was livid because I can't stand when other people bad mouth others in their field. I feel an agency, or business should be able to stand on their own merits. So at Brian's suggestion I googled this agency, and they had SEVERAL lawsuits against them, and many complaints.

When I read the article about Bethany I still felt confident that in that situation they tried to make it right despite the difficult circumstances surrounding the overseas adoption.

When we decided to take a break from adoption last Christmas, I knew I needed the break from the roller coaster, and I feel at peace with our new journey, BUT I am not looking forward to the emotional ups and downs again...or all of the paperwork. : )

I really took my family along for the ride...so much so that my mom only wants to know about the baby when I call her to come with us to pick up our little angel. She's afraid I'll be disappointed again, and mommies can't stand to see thier babies heartbroken...NO MATTER WHAT THE AGE!

We are keeping this situation in prayer, and are super excited about how the Lord is going to move and work in our lives. I'm sooooo excited to see how God is going to show himself to our family. I'm convinced we are going to be taken back by how He brings all of this about.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

~Where Jesus reigns there is no fear, no restless doubt, But quietness and calm instead~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment