Sunday, January 15, 2012

My happily ever after

So I was chatting on Facebook today with a friend(my husband's best man from our wedding), and I really enjoyed our conversation. We talked about some new developments in his life, and about my hubs. He and Brian were in the military together, and is one of the few men in Brian's life that he actually considers a true friend.

We talked a little and talked a little about Brian, and I could not help myself. I can speak all day long about my husband. It was nice to speak with someone that appreciates the kind of man Brian is.

I fell in love with Brian at the age of 16 and there really has been no looking back for me.

After we married we were blessed to be able to take on traditional roles. He goes out and works hard to provide for our family and I stay home and see to the kids and the running of the household.

This is my blog, and I'm not out to make enemies or step on toes, but this is how I feel. I truly believe that staying home and taking care of my family has enabled me to have the Happily Ever After that I have always dreamed of.

I am blessed that I don't have to work outside of the home, so I do not have anything else to distract me from my marriage relationship. I am free to be daily devoted to the care of my husband and children. I know that sounds like a miserable trap to some women, and I confess early on in our relationship before we were married, I told him straight out I didn't want to have kids, and I wanted a career and dogs.

He laughed and told me that one day I would want kids...I thought he was INSANE! He was right...shhh...I don't like to admit that to often. : )

Our marriage hasn't always been easy, but we have pushed on and are more in love today than when we first met, and my heart still jumps when he enters a room.

Throw out words like submission and many women freak, but the kind of submission I know has given me more freedom than if I fought against my husband. (For the record I haven't always been successful at submission and every time it has bit me in the butt).

My husband loves me more than himself, and I give my opinions freely, but the ultimate decisions lie with him. He is the head of this household, and it is wonderful to see him move within the role God has called him to.

It is my pleasure to be married to this man. I adore him, and can't imagine my life without him. I enjoy our traditional roles, and love that I am able to stop anything I am doing to make time for him, and for us.

He is my very best friend, my lover, and my partner in all things, and I am so proud to be his wife.

I could sit here all day and talk about how much I love my husband, but he is about to call me on the phone, so for now I must go.

So happy to be his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment