Friday, January 20, 2012

Bad day turned out just fine!

Today was a long day. I wish I could tell you that it was one of my better days as a human being, but then I'd be lying.

This morning started off pretty rough as I was trying to get ready for Bible Study. The kids were just going at each other like crazy. Normally I don't have to be anywhere so I can monitor them and keep the bickering at bay, but this morning was a nightmare, and I'm afraid I blew my top. I was in a bad mood after that which I hate, because when the mornings start off like that they seem to spiral down after that.

It seems the harder I try to get to church the harder it is for me to get there. I've been thinking a lot about self-control lately, and it has been popping up in my devotionals too. The definition of self-control was even written on a board at church that was left over from AWANAS. When I saw that I was like, "Okay Lord, I hear you".

I struggle with self-control. I struggle with it in my love of food, in my ability to keep my temper in check, and in areas of discipline, and it is hard for me, and frustrating for me to find myself constantly lacking and strugglingin this area.

I want to be self-controlled as the Lord wants to me self-controlled, but it is hard, and something that I am working on.

I was blessed by the women in my Bible Study this morning, as they are honest,and straight shooters, and I always take away something that really encourages me in my walk. Judy has a sweet and honest spirit, Donna with her honest insights, Jane with her quiet wisdom, Betty who tells it like it is and so full of love for prayer, and Angela's personality reminds me of mine, and I am so blessed by her desire to seek the Lord.

I am blessed by these women.

Hopefully one day I can be a blessing to someone as well. Right now I feel like a total work in progress and some days its all I can do to just hang on to the Lord, and have faith in His divine plan for my life.

Over all today ended up pretty well, and I feel recharged for Sunday...who knows what will come my way then, but hopefully the self-control and discipline will find me sitting in church on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment