Friday, August 26, 2011

Waiting

So far this time around the process has been much smoother...mostly because I think we knew what to expect.

I am having a hard time today in this "waiting" period. I know that the Lord has anything under control, but it still doesn't change the antsy feeling I have. I guess I just want to be done with all of this OFFICIAL stuff and just on with being a family.

It is hard not knowing if and when we will be picked, but as time continues to pass, I know that each day brings me closer to our little one.

I am so glad that I have Brian here as my support system. We are both excited, but he is able to somehow not obsess about it like I do. I don't know if its because Mommies are different, and we just can't wait to love and cuddle with our little ones, but on days like today it just feels like I can't wait to hold our little pumpkin.

It is like when you were a kid and you were waiting for Christmas. You don't know what your present is going to be, but the anticipation is crazy as you wait to unwrap your gift, and thank the giver.

In my case I can't wait to meet our birthmom...I'm praying that we get along, and have a good relationship. Through the Bethany forums I've seen a lot of things that encourage me. It seems to me that birthparents are kind of like your in-laws. They are a package deal, and you may just love them to death, or interact with them for the sake of your family. I'm praying the former rather than the latter.

When I married Brian I never imagined we'd be on this adventure together. In so many ways it is so much harder than having biological children, BUT I think that as a couple the process of adoption can really draw your marriage and your family closer together.

I truly am grateful for those that lift us up in prayer. You'll never know how much I appreciate it.

So for now we are like Dory in Nemo! We are gonna "Just keep swimming...just keep swimming". As crazy as it sounds that little crazy fish amazes me with her positive outlook. That is so Brian, and I am of course Marlin...I'm always the one to think something is going to go wrong. So now...we are just swimming along, waiting on the Lord's timing!

2 comments:

  1. Yup. Waiting is hard. Waiting on God is good, though. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting! I hear ya! But, having adopted 3 myself and now (FINALLY) being done with the "official" stuff and now on to just being a family, let me tell you this. Every single second of waiting is WORTH IT!!!! And AMEN to what you said about bringing your marriage closer! Adoption for sure makes you stronger in your marriage! You have to depend on each other, because you can't be strong ALL the time! Love you and praying for you and your little one, whoever and wherever they may be! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete